lørdag den 2. oktober 2010

With Baited Breath I Wait







A poem written in the midst of the annual contrast clash between summer and autumn. A time of restlessness and uneasiness within the ether. The warm, succulent rays of the sun shine fretfully and unrepentantly through the perturbed mass of wind and strain, scorching lush green vegetation in a kaleidoscope of the shade red. It is within this intense purlieus that my questions pertaining to existensialism and meaning gain a purpose. With baited breath I wait...






The decadence of the shapes and shadows around me.

Stark, shrieking shards of wit and disdain, deranged and withdrawn.

The sullen dejections of the wind, the intimacy of causality.

Deranged, delinquent ornaments of time, desperate and forlorn


The cacophony of the chambers and chariots before me

Sharp, sudden silhouettes of truth and lie woven intimately

The implicit imperfections of the elements, the suspense of glee

Devout, resolute instruments of space, withered yet stately


The stillness of the sun and the stars above me

Sage, shackled shadows of the then and now stately and sedate

The somber spirit of the time, the luxury of a more independent me

Dissolute, insoluble infractions of relativity loyal to the shelter of trait.


Allan Mutuku Kortbæk

Ingen kommentarer: