lørdag den 2. oktober 2010

My paintings, artefacts and artwork



A mini exposé of some of my artefacts and artwork.




I rescued these drums from the garbage after my dear pal Marcelo had decided he'd throw them out (with good cause too as they are significantly damaged and don't sound as they should) I was listening to a lot of Drum n bass at the time and I couldn't think of a better canvas upon which to express my feelings for the genre than the surface of my newly acquired drums.







"He who wants the world to remain as it is doesn't want it to remain at a all."A birthday present for my mate Marcelo, inspired by a text on one of the paintings on the walls of Berlin's East Side Gallery


"Tagmania" A piece Nicolai Palmblad and myself did together . A tribute to street art.



"May green be the grass you tread on, may blue be the skies above you." A birthday gift for my dear aunt Inger, inspired by an Irish poem and by the unique life of my aunt.





"Corazon" I found this wooden heart lying in a puddle of murky water in Berlin, somewhere between The East Side Gallery and Alexanderplatz. It's cracked on one side and in a dilipated if not serenely beautiful state of affairs. This heart exemplifies the eccentric nature of beauty in at its most rustic , no touch ups, no make - up no vanity, much like Berlin herself.




"El Tocopillas." A mask I bought and painted. The frame of the mask is a green traffic light I found on my way home one Saturday morning in a city in the south of Denmark called Sønderborg. Little did I know when I painted the mask that I would one day come to meet the entity behind this mask. El Tocopillas is an entity of evil, exemplified and illustrated by a certain individual I met a few weeks back, who by his own admission is an enterprise of all things evil. May he one day find tranquility in this life.



"Liebe, Baile Detroit" Inspired by the motorcity and her contribution to the canvas of house and techno.




"Liebe, Baile Detroit" Inspired by the motorcity and her contribution to the canvas of house and techno.


"Money isn't real" For all those who regard the accumulation of monetary "wealth" as being a valid constant in this life. It was, is and forever will be but a mere game, a fictitious entity designed to divide and dismember the institution of love.



"Be you / Died Out " All four of these words appear in the labarynthine sketch above, a tribute to and mockery of the concept of modern day individuality in the matrices of comformity and compliance within which we dwell.



"Press Play" I was sat by the Peblinge lake in central Copenhagen wathcing the sun sink sedately over the horizon when I sketched this.


"Silver meets sketchy black and they lived merrily ever after "





"Rasa" Inspired by a very special someone who probably doesn't realise the impact she had on my life.


"Liebe ist Berlin" I skecthed this quickly whilst working at the entrance to a Student party early in September 2010. The entry stamps dried out (amongst other shenanigans on a rather disorganised night) and I was hence forced to draw little crosses and lovehearts on the hands of everyone that came in and paid for the party. Many wanted designs of some sort of another, which I gladly sketched. Art really is an amazing way to bond with people.



"Tagmania" A piece Nicolai Palmblad and myself did together . A tribute to street art.

Ingen kommentarer: