onsdag den 2. maj 2012

Nomads in The Sands Of Time

I haven't written a poem for a while now, having chosen to focus on making music with my existent poetry, a process that is easier said than done. This is my latest poem, inspired by the Beat generation and Jack Kerouac's "On The Road."

I feel marginalised and shelved in this country at the moment, born into a world that negates multiculturalism and that systematically creates a hegemonic system that sorts people according to their social and economic opportunities based on their ethnicities.

Well, even though many minority voices may be tamed and even muted, mine won't. This is my response to Europe's far-right ethnic assassination attempt on me.


I shall run again one day I am sure
When, I do not know
How, I cannot tell
Why, Is not for me to judge

I shall fly again one day I am sure
Into the wispy winds of time
Towards eternity and the savannah sun
Towards a smile, a laugh, an embrace

I shall dream again another day
And carve you a sunset that will make you smile
A golden dawn that will kiss you from your sleep
An evening wind that will cool your eyes

I shall live again another day
Along the open road ever ahead of me
Vast, vague but always ahead
Your hand in mine, nomads in the sands of time  


Ingen kommentarer: