lørdag den 3. september 2011

A Princess on my window sill

A poem I written in the haze of unrequited love. The memory of a mere moment, tender and graceful yet full of life and vigour all the same. A moment i'll never forget, a sunrise whose symphonic overtures I will always remember. Je l'aime a mourir.


The sky was pink and crisp, dimly lit by the rising sun,
a charged overture that chased the lingering darkness away
My eyes were heavy with sleep, my heart heavier still.
You sat there, dreamy and serene, a princess on my window sill.

The sun rose, swiftly and imposingly over the pink horizon
Laurent Voulzy crackled softly through the speakers
My thoughts wandered, I was weary in the morning light
You sat there still, humming softly to the disappearing night

The clouds blushed in love-red tones against the crimson sky
An anthemic symphony of colour that sounded the time of day
My heart was knotted, taxed to understand such generous a fate
You sat there still, radiant in the morning mist, calm and sedate 

Daylight came and the night was but a bygone wanderer
Dawn had done her deed, the dance was complete
My eyes stared fate straight, alas this romance would soon reel
And still there you sat, fragile and meek, a princess on my window sill




Ingen kommentarer: