søndag den 16. januar 2011

My Kenya in Pictures



An exposé of some of my photos from my recently concluded trip to Kenya, centered mainly around the area in which I grew up before I moved to Denmark and around the people and smiling faces that characterised my vivid dreamworld back then as they do now.


My sister June and my niece, Jessica



With Bakari (Right) and Saba (Left)


Lizard warming itself on a window sill.


My aunt Inger and my niece Jessica


"Mbwa Kali" Swahili for "fierce dog / dogs" : A common sight outside many plots and houses in Kenya whose intent is to ward off potential thieves.

My grandmother, now in her 90's and still going strong.
The multiethnic Hillsview Estate Children: Germany, Finland, England, Norway, Denmark and Kenya are all represented in this picture.

The Hillsview kids I


The Hillsview kids II


Saba (left) and Bakari (right) I


Saba (left) and Bakari (right) II



Holding my little Saba.



Grandma and my nephew Hawi, four generations apart.

My Masai shuka



Simba Mdogo

Blue skies over Lanet


Morning glory beaming beautifully in the early morning sun


Artwork at Greensteds International School


Greensteds International School: The lane by the Pad


Artwork by the junior boy's dorm, Greensteds International School


The enigmatic "Cornflake" grazing under the savannah sun


The staff bar, Greensteds International School


Mud housing with corrugated iron sheet roofing near Mbaruk.


The view out towards the Mbaruk valley from the cliffs by Greensteds.


My mum Karen and aunt Inger


Grandma and my nephew Hawi sharing a moment of bliss.


My brother Ted and nephew Hawi.


Myself, My niece Jessica and sister Pat

Dad, Mum, Aunt Inger, Myself, Patricia & Jessica

Myself, Hawi, Ted & Dad


Cacti on the Mau slopes, Njoro

Herdsboy tending his flock, The Mbaruk valley



Ingen kommentarer: